Monday, 24 August 2015

My Idea's for a Narrative Campaign

Over the past year or so the popularity of these has seem to have gone through the roof. As I am far more interested in "Fluff" than I am the competitive side of wargaming this is something that has certainly always interested me. With that in mind I have been brainstorming some ideas for scenarios, character profiles and game logistics with the view to doing one by the end of the year or at the beginning of the next year, provided I have the models and an opponent for the games.

As for the Armies involved, obviously I can't collect every army and nor do I know the army of the person who I will be playing with for this campaign, however I am hoping to have my Space Marines up above 2000 points and am hoping to have a cool "Millatarum Tempestus" styled army done by then too. Though for this I will converting "Catachan" and changing up the rules a bit just to make it more fluffy.  I may also have a small Eldar force  together by then too.

With all this in mind creating a scenario is hard. Other than the obvious "Planet Invasion" styled thing I have been thinking hard for alternative ideas. Of course if you have any ideas too it would be great for you to input them for me. At the moment I have one which involves my Catachan Commandos being tried for Heresy and they, alongside the Carcharian Crimsons, fight off waves of Imperium Armies and try to prove that they are true to the Emperor.
In terms of editing characters profiles I have constructed the following tables.

Damage Table
Dice Roll (D6)
Effect
Future D6 Modifier
1
No effect
0
2
No effect
0
3
-1 to BS,WS
+1
4
-1 to BS,WS
+1
5
-1 to BS,WS and -1 W
+2
6
-1 to BS,WS and -1 W
+3
7
-2 to BS, WS and - 1W
+4
8
-2 to BS, WS and - 2W
+5
9
-2 to BS, WS and reduced to 1 W
+6
10
Dead
-

NB: On the roll of a 4 or 5 the Current Effect is reduced by 1 on the roll of a 6 Current Effect is reduced by 2

Bonus Chart
Mission
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
Bonus 3
1
+1 WS/BS
Scout
Feel No Pain (6+)
2
+1W
Deep Strike
Poisoned Melee (4+)
3
+1I
Move Through Cover
Feel No Pain
4
+2 WS/BS
Fearless
+1 Invul. Save
5
+2 I
Eternal Warrior
+2 Invul. Save
6
(Choose)
(Choose)
(Choose)

Roll a D3 for the "Bonus Chart" Bonus' are cumulative.

As for Game Logistics: Firstly I will probably have only one opponent to begin with, maybe doing an open campaign in the future. There are likely to be sub-missions as well with a limit on each named character model being allow one sub-mission per mission. Secondly game sizes with depend on the mission at hand and possible sensible restrictions dependant on the way the campaign is going and missions types too.

These are of course just initial thoughts and so any feedback would be much appreciated, as there is time until I can actually get one sorted written feedback and suggestions would be great and would allow me to make a better campaign. Feel free to use these charts etc at your clubs or with your friends too if it takes your fancy?

Thanks for reading


Callum.

No comments:

Post a Comment